- Type: Tours of Italy
- Departs From: Rome or Civitavecchia
- Meeting Point: Hotel/accommodation or cruise port
- Duration: 4hrs (Rome) or 8hrs (Civitavecchia) customized
- Availability: Daily
- Voucher info: Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Languages: English
What You’ll Get
- Pick up at your residence/ship in Rome – Drop off at your choice
- Experience the famous archaeological site of Hadrian Villa
- Visit Villa d’Este and see fascinating facts about Renaissance architecture
- Travel by an A/C Mercedes vehicle sedan or minivan
- Guided all itinerary by your English speaking driver
Experience a full-day tour to the Roman Campagna and hillside town of Tivoli, site of Hadrian’s Villa and the stunning Renaissance palace and gardens of Villa d’Este.
An English-speaking driver will take you to visit the archaeological complex of Hadrian’s Villa, from its construction in the 2nd century AD to its fall into partial ruin.
Constructed as a retreat for the emperors of Rome, the complex featured over 30 buildings, including palaces, thermal baths, a theater, temples, libraries, state rooms, and quarters for praetorians and slaves. What remains provides a fascinating look at life in Ancient Rome.
Then, continue to the Renaissance Villa d’Este. Originally built as a Benedictine convent, the villa was converted into the Governor’s Palace in the 13th century. Cardinal Ippolito d’Este, son of Lucretia Borgia and grandson of Pope Alexander VI, was elected governor in 1550, and began renovations to create a site that befitted his aspirations to the papacy.
Admire the artistic gardens, cherished by the jets of more than 500 fountains, water troughs, and pools. Get panoramic views from balustraded balconies, and enjoy the well kept façade, bas reliefs, and grottoes of the villa’s buildings.
Leave Tivoli after your tour, and then relax on your journey back to Rome residence or Civitavecchia cruise ship.
- Deluxe Mercedes Viano (4-7 people)
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Fresh bottle of water on board
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Gratuities (optional)
- Expert guide available upon request at an additional charge.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants are charged locally for admission to both villas.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Every extra hour you want to add will cost 90 Euro.
- Rates is intended per party NOT PER PERSON.
- We accept credit and debit card payments.